The users on our estate are currently using Microsoft Outlook 2010 clients. We currently have groups of users where one set will have their safe senders list and safe Recipients list populated in their Junk Mail settings, where others won't have the list populated.
Microsoft Outlook 2010/Outlook Options/Preferences/Junk E-mail show:
-Add e-mail recipients to users' Safe Senders Lists - Enabled
-Overwrite or Append Junk Mail Import List - Enabled
-Permanently delete Junk E-mail - Disabled
-Specify path to Safe Recipients list - Enabled
-Specify full path and filename to Safe Recipients list:
-Specify path to Safe Senders list - Enabled
-Specify full path and filename to Safe Senders list
-Trigger to apply junk email list settings - Enabled
1. Both sets of users are using Outlook 2010 clients and we are working with Exchange 2010 servers.
2. GPO is being applied to both set's of user's profile based on findings from gpresult report.
3. Attempted to run gpupdate /force on affected user machines, however no change
4. Edge Server transport rules have not been applied for this configuration
5. Both sets of users have logged into other machines residing in the same OU as their own machines using their network accounts - Junk Mail settings are the same.
Registry setting for both sets of users is set as following in the following location:
junkmailimportappend - DWORD = 0
JunkMailImportLists - DWORD = 1
junkmailpermdelete - DWORD = 0
junkmailsaferecipientsfile - \\org.net\NETLOGON\Save_Sender_list\EmailList.txt
junkmailsafesendersfile - \\org.net\NETLOGON\Save_Sender_list\EmailList.txt
junkmailtrustoutgoingrecipients - DWORD = 1