Install windows on dell power edge t320

I need to install windows server 2008 R2 on dell t320
I can boot with dvd and start installation but the HDD not detected
As I know this kind of servers came with smart start or guide installation dvd but this server not including one
Any idea
LVL 8
TemodyPickalbatros, IT ManagerAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

MASEE Solution Guide - Technical Dept HeadCommented:
Please download the drivers and install drivers from the screen where are stuck with hard disk.
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/poweredge-t320/drivers

if you have Dell DVD/CD boot with that you are good to go.
arnoldCommented:
To mas's reference
You need to use the Dell openmanage build and update to boot the system, it includes all the drivers you need, you also need the Dell os assistant ........

The pair DVD/cd will let you create the raid volume, and then stream the drivers while partitioning and prepping the system for the OS install.

The other option, during bootup, hit f10 if memory serves you will have an option for OS install, the drivers are included and ........
Do not recall whether you have to setupRAID using the ctrl-A option during bootup.
TemodyPickalbatros, IT ManagerAuthor Commented:
Thanks all
@arnold
That's what I'm talking bout
The server should be coming with os installation DVD
Otherwise I will use F10
Powerful Yet Easy-to-Use Network Monitoring

Identify excessive bandwidth utilization or unexpected application traffic with SolarWinds Bandwidth Analyzer Pack.

rindiCommented:
Newer Dell Server no longer need a DVD or CD with OpenManage to set up the server and OS. This is rather included with it's iDRAC and Lifecycle Controller. Check the manuals you got with it for details, or look at the support options you have on the Dell site, for example here:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN129177

It is similar to HP's ILO and intelligent provisioning.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
TemodyPickalbatros, IT ManagerAuthor Commented:
Thanks
arnoldCommented:
For the server to come with is install DVD, The firm buying gas to get the vendor oem.  Some firms use volume license and thus have to either use DVD/cd or the f10 option to bootup the system and then get into system setup/is install.
Buying OEM, means should the firm switch HW vendor, they have to purchase OEM OS again. Yeh, upgrade cycles, and OS ..... Still kind of age things out.......
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft Server OS

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.