As the title suggests I am currently looking at ecommerce options. I am currently using Opencart but I feel as though I am having to use too many extensions and I am constantly fighting the system to get what I want. Current / Past problems include:
* Not being able to customise product categories / layouts easily, I do know CSS and HTML and want to be able to do some customisation myself but with opencart it seems too complex and often code needs changing in multiple places, hence so many extensions exist out there.
* I did buy a theme to try to make my site look more attractive, but half of the extensions do not work with the theme, I understand why this is the case, but I guess it highlights my point above.
* I want product based shipping to be standard out of the box, so I can assign a shipping price to each item, just as you would with the price, desc etc.
* Multi product items - I want a system where if the user selects a different size item then the price reflects that item (rather than the original product price plus the additional cost to buy the large item i,e ( Price £200.00 + £50) I just want £250.00 if that item is selected. I have used an extension to correct this but again it would be nice if it was out of the box.
* SEO friendly URL's, I have used an extension for this but again id like a platform that creates better SEO.
* Multi product updates are possible through yes another extension, it downloads as a csv but multi product items are on a second sheet, it makes loading the suppliers product updates tricky as you are cross referencing between the original product on sheet 1 and any related sub products on sheet 2.
These are just a few that spring to mind. I am wondering if OpenCart is just too big for my requirement, I was wondering if other people experience similar problems and/or can recommend any smaller Ecommerce options that may fit my requirement better.