I have a company that I am helping decommission their SBS2008:
I think these are the steps I have to take:
- We already have in place a Windows 2008R2 Domain Controller as a secondary DC
- Move all services off the SBS2008 and on to different servers
- We already have move the DCHP server database to the backup Domain Controller
- Mail is in the cloud office 365, they are not thrilled with performance
- Working on SharePoint
- Working on moving files to different servers
- IT is a GC
- DNS is running on the secondary DC
- Transfer The FSMO Roles to Secondary DC The very last thing you do
- Run DC promo and demote the server
- Dis join it from the domain
- Reload with Windows 2012R2 Essentials
I was reading some articles that said after you move the FSMO Role you only have 7 days to complete the process. Can I add more time or not.
Thanks very much for the help!