OWA issues after updates

Recently we updated a exchange 2010 server from the default install to SP3 with Rollup 8. Since doing so we have email flowing in and out, and iPhones can connect ok, but not Android phones (giving authentication erodes). OWA and ECPis delivering a blank page.

The Application Event log gives the following error:
"Event 2280: IIS-W3SVC-WP: The Module DLL C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\kerbauth.dll failed to load.  The data is the error."

We also get the following information:
Event ID 1314, ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0:
Event code: 4008
Event message: File authorization failed for the request.
Event time: 9/22/2015 11:54:33 AM
Event time (UTC): 9/22/2015 3:54:33 PM
Event ID: e42fc33ff4ef4b5b86805a91119cb49e
Event sequence: 2080
Event occurrence: 700
Event detail code: 0
 
Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Autodiscover-1-130874059640772826
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /Autodiscover
    Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Autodiscover\
    Machine name: AWEXCHANGE
 
Process information:
    Process ID: 3920
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
 
Request information:
    Request URL: https://mail.theaudiowarehouse.com:443/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml 
    Request path: /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
    User host address: 192.168.1.106
    User: AUDIONET\William
    Is authenticated: True
    Authentication Type: Negotiate
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
 

Looking at the Application Pools in IIS indicates there is only ASP.NET v4.0.

System Event log indicates:
"Event ID: 5139, WAS:  A listener channel for protocol 'http' in worker process '10140' serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' reported a listener channel failure.  The data field contains the error number."

This error is occurring every 2 seconds with multiple different worker process numbers.

I'm at a loss as to where to begin as I'm not the originating tech for the issue.
Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
alansidlesAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

tmoore1962Commented:
To resolve this issue, you need to manually change the path of kerbauth.dll to the latest path for the file version

1. Open ApplicationHost.config file at this path C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config

2. Find the entry for kerbauth.dll like following


<add name="kerbauth" image="E:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\kerbauth.dll" />

3. Change the path for this dll as per the latest location of the Exchange Server installation files.

<add name="kerbauth" image="C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\kerbauth.dll" />
alansidlesAuthor Commented:
We did that, but after rebooting we now can't get the store to come online. Service keeps restarting. Any clues?
alansidlesAuthor Commented:
Never mind. We got the store started.
Still working on other issues.
The 7 Worst Nightmares of a Sysadmin

Fear not! To defend your business’ IT systems we’re going to shine a light on the seven most sinister terrors that haunt sysadmins. That way you can be sure there’s nothing in your stack waiting to go bump in the night.

alansidlesAuthor Commented:
Our current status is that we have an Application Event ID 2280, IIS-W3SVC-WP: "The Module DLL C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\kerbauth.dll failed to load.  The data is the error." This is happening every second.

In IIS Worker Processes the DefaultAppPool (Process ID 7904) is always "starting".

In the System logs we are getting Event 5139, WAS erros for various worker processes for the DefaultAppPool as follows:
"A listener channel for protocol 'http' in worker process '6444' serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' reported a listener channel failure.  The data field contains the error number."
This is happening every 2 seconds.

I'm pouring through articles online, but any help would be appreciated.
alansidlesAuthor Commented:
We ended up getting Microsoft support involved and they fixed the problem. Had to reinstall IIS.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
alansidlesAuthor Commented:
We outsourced to Microsoft support to get it fixed as no other comments resulted in a resolution.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Application Servers

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.