Deploying MS Access 2013 database C#

I have a C# (MS Visual Studio 2010) program that has always used a ms access 2003 database with jet engine 4.0.  I had to convert the database to a 2013 Ms access database; the application now works on my development computer, but when I deployed the application, I received an authorization failed message.  When running the application initially from my development computer I received a jet engine not registered on the computer message.  Are these errors related?  Do I need to install the access database engine on the computer that will receive the application?

Thanks.
l2BravoAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Scott McDaniel (Microsoft Access MVP - EE MVE )Infotrakker SoftwareCommented:
Yes, you must have the right drivers on the target machine. Many people report success when installing one of these:

Office 2007 System Data Connectivity Components: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734

Office 2010 Access Database Engine Redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
l2BravoAuthor Commented:
Thanks.  The Office 2007 link seemed to solve the problem, though I did have an issue this morning where I received a message "Could not open database *".   The database may not be recognized or it may be corrupt.  I'm not sure what, exactly, I did to resolve the issue, but it's working again now.  I know Access databases get corrupted sometimes.  Opening the database with Access 2003 usually fixed the .mdb databases, but I'm not sure how susceptible the newer database are to corruption.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft Access

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.