I have 5 DCs in one location as BC1 (PDC), BC2, WC1, WC2 (all W2k8R2), BC3 (W2k3) and WC7 and EC1 (W2k8R2) both in two different remote locations.
1. I’m getting event 1058 on all the DCs in location one every 5 minutes except on BC3 and non on WC7 and EC1.
2. Can’t access \\domain.com\sysvol &netlogon on BC1,BC2,WC1,WC2 but can access them with \\server\sysvol &netlogons on the individual servers.
3. I Can access \\domain.com\sysvol &netlogons on WC7,EC1 and BC3 as well as on the individual servers.
4. Gpupdate /force comes up with “User policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered: The processing of group policy fail” on BC1, BC2, WC1, WC2 but not on BC3,WC7 and EC1. And that particular gpo is the domain controller’s gpo and it exist in all the Sysvol folders on all the DCs.
5. I get the error attached on BC1,BC2,WC1,WC2
when changes are done under “computer configuration\policies\windows settings\security settings\advanced audit policy configuration” but no issue on BC3,WC7 and EC1. Changes done in the same “advanced audit policy configuration” on BC3,WC7 and EC1 gets saved but never replicates to BC1,BC2,WC1,WC2 (this almost happens to every gpo I tested this on)
6. Changes in other configurations replicates to all the DCs.
I have check the DNS and replications and seems to be fine. Need more help to fix these issues.
”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.
-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros
With your subscription - you'll gain access to our exclusive IT community of thousands of IT pros. You'll also be able to connect with highly specified Experts to get personalized solutions to your troubleshooting & research questions. It’s like crowd-sourced consulting.
We can't always guarantee that the perfect solution to your specific problem will be waiting for you. If you ask your own question - our Certified Experts will team up with you to help you get the answers you need.
Our certified Experts are CTOs, CISOs, and Technical Architects who answer questions, write articles, and produce videos on Experts Exchange. 99% of them have full time tech jobs - they volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.
We can't guarantee quick solutions - Experts Exchange isn't a help desk. We're a community of IT professionals committed to sharing knowledge. Our experts volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.