Before stating my issue, i'm not 100% sure it's related to Windows 7 or Windows Server. Please let me know if i'm wrong.
A few weeks ago, I had to block access to all removable storage classes to a group of 5 users or so in the enterprise. So I used the "Computer Configuration" GPO (Computer Configuration>Administrati
Storage Access>All Removable Storage classes: Deny all access "Active". I applied it to the users and it worked fine. From there, they could'nt use USB stick, CD, etc... After a while, it was decided by the administration they could get that access back. So I removed the GPO from these users. After a while, users were complaining the access was still denied. From there, here is my troubleshoot path :
I did a GPRESULT and I could see the GPO was not applied
I've looked up local computer policy (gpedit.msc) and this setting is not configured
I have looked up in the events viewer in both the computers and domain controller, nothing interesting found
I tried to do a GPUPDATE /force and restart
I tried to remove the computer from the Active Directory and join it back to the domain
Since the GPO still exists, but not applied to users having the problem, I have tried with 2 third party computers to reproduce the problem. I applied the GPO, access was denied to all removable storage classes. I unapplied the GPO and access to all removable storage classes was restore.
At this point, I just don't know what to do. It's been a few hours(days) now that i've been looking up on the internet about this issue and the only user I have found that has solved this issue, solved it by formatting the computers... That is not the solution I want to use.
Please note that these users are in a remote site connected MPLS to the main site and there is a Domain Controller in each site and also the Replication is working fine.