Can some recommend a software package or suite that can do the following:
Track the life cycle of IT assets from purchase to disposal.
This is quite a complex and in depth issue that I am currently trying to locate software for.
Here is an example of workstation:
1. Employee wants to purchase some IT assets - say Monitor and one license of Office 203 Stand edition
2. Employee (requester) sends request to purchasing department (request to purchase)
3. Purchasing gets a quote from Vendor and sends information back to requester
4. Request goes to manager for approval
5. Items are approved, approval sent to purchasing
6. Purchasing creates PO and sends it to Vendor
7. Vendor places order
8. Vendor ships items
9. Items received and added to inventory (through information recorded in Purchase order); Extra information can be recorded here such as who is assigned assets, warranty, license information, etc.
10. Software tracks licensing, contracts, who has items, accounting information, and so forth
Several reports should be able to get generated such as when purchase date of items in inventory, cost, warranty, etc.
I would also require something to be bundled with software that can do a network scan so can check for license status.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. As an example, I was looking at IBM Control Desk with IBM BigFix, but the price is so high that it is not a solution.
Thanks in advance.