Start Free Trial
sophos antivirus and security bundle feedback
I am looking for feedback from current users of sophos antivirus and mail security web security and firewall solution compare to AVG,
checkpoint and websense solutions.
8/22/2022 - Mon
If you are looking at UTM - one in one box as in Sophos UTM or sometimes they may term it as security gateway for the 3 services compared to Websense and Checkpoint, I would factor in the below as baseline at least in my context aspect of relevance
- Ease of deployment, configuration, management such as reporting and analytical triggers
- Resources of the vendor including speed for deployment esp in secured wireless setup
- Ability to deal with remote offices and mobile workers, agility and flexibility to scale up (capacity) and laterally (more services)
- Regulatory requirements and compliance (support with vulnerability management providers).
I am not able to go into details but maybe the below is just brief sharing
- Checkpoint fared better off in areas of URL filtering and application controls;
- Websense fares better in handling malicious URL and files (or blended);
- Sophos fares on par with L7 appl aware Firewall throughput and handling,
Sophos on average still remain comparable to the other two candidates. Especially compared to throughput with services running. Also it does have acceptable few false positives and provides early detection of compromised sites. So far, deployment and integration is still generally fine for AD to meet the required granular rules/policy setting.
Probably area to examine is (for "bonus") to their own labs providing some real time threat analysis. I know Checkpoint and Websense have (looking from the blog or cloud services they maintained) but not so much heard of from Sophos though. This coincide closely with the agility to share in form of intelligence feeds (like cloud services subscription into box, two ways etc)...
thank you very much for your input,
we are currently have checkpoint 4400 box with 11 blades and websense in place is there any compaling reason to move towards sophos?
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
THIS SOLUTION ONLY AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS.
View this solution by signing up for a free trial.
Members can start a 7-Day free trial and enjoy unlimited access to the platform.
See Pricing Options
Start Free Trial
GET A PERSONALIZED SOLUTION
Ask your own question & get feedback from real experts
Find out why thousands trust the EE community with their toughest problems.
This is the best money I have ever spent. I cannot not tell you how many times these folks have saved my bacon. I learn so much from the contributors.
Plans and Pricing
Certified Expert Program
© 1996-2023 Experts Exchange, LLC. All rights reserved. Covered by US Patent