I have a user that everytime she logs in through RDP into her work desktop, it locks her out.
So her work PC is running win 7 Pro. If I log into it, it works fine, it doesn't lock the account using the user's account.
The user is on vacation and has a laptop where she logged into that laptop with her user account.
After she connects via VPN, and then tries to RDP into her work desktop, within 30 seconds or so, it locks the user account.
I'm scratching my brain trying to figure out how to solve this issue.
Here's what I have done so far.
1. I have reset her password to a different password
2. I made sure she does not have an email account on her smartphone or any other device
3. I ran gpresult >c:file.txt (and I didn't see anything wrong that I can tell)
4. I used netwrix account lockout exminar, which helped a bit, it found scheduled tasks that could have been locking her out, so I deleted all the scheduled tasks. Besides that, everything else was fine.
5. I found under the user's account, under the attribute editor, for the attribute "lockout Time" was a huge number, "130886540111017723". I looked at a few other accounts, and the value was 0, so I changed it to 0, but after the account got locked again, it changed the zero to the same number.
I'm not sure what else to do, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.