Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2013 no external RPC connections

I have a exchange 2010 server, we are migrating to 2013. The first test mailboxes that I have moved are not able to connect externally. I have verified the virtual directories and the certificate. But I keep getting the error " The action cannot be completed. The name cannot be matches to a name in the address list." When I try to access outlook externally. Then When I try to use the test connectivity website I get the error that "RPC proxy cannot be pinged". I have verified that all services are enabled for RPC and it looks like the cert is right. The firewall is open, what else could I be missing here?
LVL 5
MarinertekAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Amit KumarCommented:
Did you published Exchange 2013 diff. URLs as public DNS records?
systechadminConsultantCommented:
Please check the Authentication settings and also make sure that you have SRV record created for Autodiscover.
MarinertekAuthor Commented:
Ive added the SRV record. Also we are using split brain dns and all the virtual directories are set to external names. So internally these resolve internal ips. I'm waiting for the changes to take effect to see if it helps...
Making Bulk Changes to Active Directory

Watch this video to see how easy it is to make mass changes to Active Directory from an external text file without using complicated scripts.

Amit KumarCommented:
are you using same URL for Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013?
MarinertekAuthor Commented:
Ive added the autodiscover records and I'm still having the same issues. I have two different urls...
2010= mail.domain.com
2013= webmail.domain.com

autodiscover.domain.com points at the 2010 server still.

In 2013 I have set all the virtual directories to be webmail.domain.com but when I test autodiscover on testconnectivity.com I get an error saying that the server.domain.local does not match the ssl certificate.
Amit KumarCommented:
Change autodiscover to Exchange 2013. It will really help you a lot

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
MarinertekAuthor Commented:
Amit, this will not prevent users from discovering the older server?
Amit KumarCommented:
No it will not because backward compatibility is always possible in Exchange infra. but afterword does not work.
MarinertekAuthor Commented:
After enabling the autodiscover the external accounts worked after being reconfigured. Thanks for the help..... It seems that the profile that was calling the exchange server by its fqdn was failing. After using autodiscover it finds a full guid and works as expected. Now I have another issue with active sync autodiscover, I will start another post.
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Exchange

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.