I am experiencing a issue when trying to update a browser from IE9 to IE11 on a workstation running Windows 7. Once Installation of IE11 is completed, the computer is restarted, and IE11 is launched, I continuously received the message of "A unexpected error has occurred". I have to press Ctrl, ALT, and Delete to end the process.
I have completed the following steps:
1. Reset IE from the browser.
2. Uninstalled/reinstalled the browser.
3. Checked on updates for the drivers from http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect
4. Opened cmd.exe with Run as Administrator and applied the SFC /SCANNOW.
4. Upon reviewing the event log at the time I received the unexpected stopping of IE11, I show the follow information (See Attached File).
Does anyone have any suggestion of what still may be causing IE11 not to install. IE9 works fine once I uninstall IE11. What steps would I need to take next? Reimage machine? I appreciate your feedback.