We can PRINT but cannot SCAN from a MFC-L8850CDW Brother printer. This is affecting all the office computers which are running Win7. The scanning function stopped in the course of one day. The printer is not setup through a server but is connected to the network and uses a static IP address.
I have tried:
1. Turning AVG’s firewall and window’s firewall off.
2. Checked the static IP of the scanner in Windows Scanners and Cameras properties. It was set to the correct IP address. Also tried setting it up by machine name (node name).
3. Uninstalled brother MFC software and re-installed from disk with firewall off.
4. Uninstalled brother MFC software and downloaded and installed new 9/15 version with firewall off.
5. Have added ports UDP 54925, 137 and 161 to the firewalls setting
I have tried each of the above steps with the same results
a. Unsuccessful scan with Brother software with firewalls off
b. Unsuccessful scan with Windows Fax and Scan with firewalls off
c. Unsuccessful scan with Paper Port software with firewalls off
d. Still can PRINT
Any further suggestions on what to try to get the scanning function working again would be greatly appreciated.