I have created quite a mess here. Here are the details:
I have a SQL SERVER 2008 view that pulls a a bunch of information but one of those columns is a text field that I strip some characters off the front and back. It looks like this in the SELECT statement:
ISNULL(SUBSTRING(dbo.Job_Operation.Note_Text, 11, 15), 'No Date') AS Expr2
It returns results that look like this:
In an ASP page I display this information in a table as sort the table using the Expr2 column.
Being that this is a text column it sorts the "**Stocking Agre" at the top and the "No Date" at the bottom and puts all the dates in between. All of that works correctly. Problem is when I started this I set the format to be mm/dd/yyyy instead of yyyy/mm/dd. Now that 2016 orders are going in the system it is putting them on top of the 2015 orders. Not sure what my options are but I have about 40,000 records to deal with here.