I wish to obtain some information about network setup when there are different IP ranges.
What is proper way to setup IP ranges 192.168.1.x, 192.168.2.x, 192.168.3.x, all the way up to 192.168.10.x
1. do I need or is it better to separate switches for each of the IP range?
2. do I configure the IP range in firewall/router or in switches?
3. If I specify each port on my firewall for each of the IP range and connect all ports to the back of a 48 port switch what will happen?
- will the network devices obtain the IP from any of those ranges as in 192.168.1.x to 192.168.10.x?
- does the assigning of the IP depends on the DNS server? (if the DNS server is on 192.168.1.x then all network devices will be assigned to 192.168.1.x)
4. any additional references for network information will be great. Thanks