In my environment there is a internal network and DMZ. The DMZ has a small isolated domain in place and setup long before I started here. Anyway this domain is slowly going to be going away and I would like to move the SQL and filer server behind out firewall.
The internal and external domain are separate and no trust exist nor do I want to create one. I going to do the following.
1) Document all services in use on the SQL server
2) Document all folder permissions on the file server using icacls
3) discjoing the servers from the domain and add it to the internal network.
4) setup the new service account for sql to use
5) Do the same process with the file server but use icacis to popules the security permissions with user from the internal domain.
This is a high level overview but is it valid?