Would like to come-up with a shell script to achieve below workflow with your help
Any suggestions/advice with sample scripts would really help :)
Have attached the input property file. Which I assume…I will have.
1. Would like to read this file and construct and HTTP request based on the property values.
2. As a first execution, would like to loop through each job (job1, job2 etc) to check below properties and trigger it in background.
3. When job triggered, it should change the job_1_status=”started”
4. When a job finishes it should update the job_1_status=”success” or “failure”
5. If a job has a dependency. Then it should wait for them to finish.
6. Based on this property “max_on_running_task=2” no more than 2 jobs should be running at a given time.
7. It should constantly monitor running jobs and trigger next job if dependency met or none
I have decent experience in shell script, So if you guide with the workflow and logic. I think I can manage :)
I thinking of having two sh files
will have few functions
to check the running jobs and call master script (master script will invoke this monitor script at the beginning)