Last night I tried to P2V a Windows 2008 R2 but failed.
The error I received : an error occurred while opening a virtual disk. Verify that the converter server and the running source machines have a network access to the source and destination esx/esxi hosts.
Overview of troubleshooting steps taken :
- The P-2-V seems to submit itself to VMWare host but then deletes the virtual server.
- I have disabled using SSL and this also failed
- Tried different versions of the convertor
- Checked the following services are running :
o Workstation Service
o Server Service
o TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service
o Volume Shadow Copy Service
- Tried to thin provision the disks
- Removed all drives apart from the C: drive