I removed a content database from a web application last week that contained a single site collection at the explicit managed path '/sites/site1'.
I removed the database through Central Admin in Manage Content Databases.
I removed the managed path from the web application.
I then proceeded to create an SPWeb object at '/sites/site1' using New-SPWeb.
I imported an entirely different set of content from another farm using Import-SPWeb.The content is there and it's magical and perfect.
The problem: all search crawls since this point have failed to recognize that the old site collection is gone. In fact, it continues to crawl it as though it were there, but instead of marking the pages it cannot find as deleted, it logs an error that the object is not found. Furthermore, the content in the new SPWeb is not crawled at all, but it's displayed to users properly. This acts as though it hasn't acknowledged the removal of the Managed Path and/or site collection and/or content database.
The site collection that was removed did have Site Map settings configured, so I'm wondering if that needs to be de-registered from the timer job. Otherwise, I don't really know what to look into and I need to get this site in the search index very soon.
You guys have always been helpful, so I'm hoping another win is in my future here...