I assume the below #4 will copy ALL files,
regardless of their path character length ?
** example = \\oldServer\folderName\somereallylongfileorfoldernamexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.doc
Also, does anyone have other recommendations
to the below #4 to make the script better ?
1. RDP to destination server
2. open CMD as Admin
3. go to C:
4. robocopy /SEC \\oldServer\folderName c:\a > c:log.txt
5. open "c:\a" folder on destination server
6. all "\\oldServer\folderName" files
were copied with original TIMESTAMPS
7. review c:log.txt
8. manually COPY any locked files that
did not copy over to NEW server folders