I have received the following requirement from management and working for a solution.
1. User1 is using head office account (headoffice.com) to send/receive email
2. User1 will be moved from Head office to Brach office for that advised to create a new mailbox in Branch office.com
3. In that case User1 will have Branch office AD/Exchange account (User1@branchoffice.com) but the requirement is User1 should be able to send/receive email using (headoffice.com), meaning that User1@headoffice.com will be the user’s primary SMTP email address for sending/receiving email but User1 mailbox will be sitting on branchoffice.com
Could you please advise the following procedure would be ok or am I missing something?
Branch office domain:
1. Will have to create new mailbox for the user1 but need to change the primary SMTP address as firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Branch office needs to create an Accepted Domain for headoffice.com with Internal relay
3. Branch office needs to create a send connector for headoffice.com pointing to SMART Host of the MX record IP address
Head office domain:
1. Will have to forward e-mail to that mailbox (email@example.com) since users mailbox is not sitting on headoffice.com mailbox but not sure how, do I forward email to firstname.lastname@example.org by creating a contact object to the users secondary email address?
Mainly I need to ensure send/receive email for the address email@example.com but the user mailbox will be sitting on the branchoffice.com.
I need to test for MSoutlook, OutlookAnywhere,Active Sync, Webmail etc.
Note: Headoffice and branchoffice both are using exchange 2010.