ON a Win 8.1 on a HP 64 bit, I have two wireless mice that will not work. This problem came on gradually, with intermittent freezes and / or no show mice. They have quickly progressed to no movement at all. Both work fine on another pc with win 8.1.
I have attached a wired mouse and it has worked reasonably well. It does have times when it freezes but usually can get it going by hitting the right click.
I have installed new drivers; both up to date Logitech and Microsoft Set Point drivers. I have uninstalled mouse drivers and restarted with no change. I have changed USB ports. I have scanned for virus with nothing found.
This client plays a lot of on line poker. I've researched articles about mouse problems with some games and a special patch to correct the issue on a Win 8.1. And tried that patch but it did not make a difference.