I am using Windows 2012 Storage Server to serve out Home folders on my network.
I have set quotas on each employee's Home folder.
I have one user's folder (Joe) who shows this strange info:
If I right click on Joe's folder I see --> 563MB used.
If I look at the backup for Joe's folder it shows --> 1.88GB
Joe's quota is at 40GB and it's telling me he's used 100% of his quota!
Can't figure out why the server is telling us he is hitting his quota.
Where is all the other data coming from?
- No other user has this problem.
- If we raise the quota he eventually hits his quota after a few days.
- The volume that contains the Home folders is running Shadow Copies.
- We tried re-creating Joe's Home folder but the problem comes back.
- Joe is using a linux machine with Oracle Virtual Windows (no other users with his configuration are having this problem).
Any clues would be helpful.