I currently have an ASA5525X. I have the defense center installed and am currently licensed for IPS and have traffic routed through the SFR module. That works great, but now I am investigating the URL filtering and have few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. I'm hoping to get a response from someone who as set this up and can give me some real insight. Thanks in advance!
1. Can in integrate the defense center with Active Directory for URL filtering? This is a requirement for my organization, as I need to be able to pull up web history report on a specific user.
2. There should be no problem using IPS and url filtering on this ASA correct? The ASA5525 is barely being touched in means of memory, cpu, and traffic, so I don't foresee any problems.
2. Is there good reporting features with this? Meaning can I easily pull up a web history report on a user?
3. Does this work like most other proxy servers, do I just add the proxy server IP (ASA), to my web browser, or does the URL filtering work differently using the ASA than a standard web proxy?
4. Can I configure different web filtering profiles or groups? For example I want management to have more privileges surfing the internet, then i do a normal user. Is this possible?
If anyone who has done this can shed some insight on this, I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.