I look after a SBS 2008 and I have the following networking symptoms.
- The server shows the clients as offline when they are not.
- I cannot log in with a newly created user
- I cannot browse to see the server from the clients
- I cannot Ping the Client PCs
- I have a SQL Based Application that cant seem to resolve the server path
- Remote desktop from offsite cannot be connected.
As far as I know, the only change I have made is to uninstall an older version of Kaspersky Endpoint protection and installed Kaspersky Administration server. I'm not sure there was a problem before this or not.
Another change that was made about 6 weeks ago was a new modem router was put in place and was made to be the DHCP server with this turned off in the SBS. Again, I'm not sure these problems where evident at that time.