As you can see from the title, I'm trying to configure a Fortigate 90D (Firmware: v5.2.3,build670) to utilise dual WAN circuits.
Actions taken so far:
1. Both WAN circuits connected, configured and showing as “Up”
2. Static Routes configured for both WANs
3. IPv4 Policy Routes configured for “RDP” (3389) on Wan_1 and “Everything Else” on Wan_2
1. All protocols work correctly except RDP
2. By changing the Distance / Priority of the Static Routes it is possible to make RDP work but nothing else.
• Wan_1 was the 1st configured WAN and originally all policies used that as the “Outgoing Interface”.
• When Wan_2 was installed the policies were edited to use Wan_2 as the “Outgoing Interface”.
• Reviewing the Forward traffic log shows that the RDP packets (destined for Wan_1) are being “denied” with a “Destination Interface” of Wan_2 i.e. the wrong interface
• It “feels” as though only policies for Wan_1 OR Wan_2 are being processed depending on the Static route values
I'm happy to provide all and any further info required.
All thoughts welcome