I've got a major problem here. We have an email template that is Multipart.
When we call the PHP Mail function on our site (not PHP Mailer) to have this template sent, it uses from what I believe the Postfix function on our Linux instance to send the email from there via the Amazon SES service and then out. Sadly when doing it this way, the email template comes out with broken links.
When this email template has the original source file (attached test.php file) copied into something like Mailchimp or a service called Inkbrush, then it is previewed correctly and also it is received by the recipient in exactly the way we intend it to be received. I've included what it looks like when received by Mailchimp or previewed in it, along with the emailheaders when received from Mailchimp. The picture of what it looks like and what the email headers are have been attached.
We use Amazon Linux servers as our web servers. These servers use the Postfix service to then submit the emails via the Amazon SES service. We use a file called ‘Sendemailtest.php’ which uses the PHP Mail function to then call the ‘test.php’ file (which is the source of the email template) and sends the file via Postfix. The results are not as pretty sadly. I’ve attached the files as they appear when you send the same source via Amazon.
One thing we have noticed are the headers. With Mailchimp, you can see that in the headers section there is a line ‘Content-Type: Multitype/Alternative’ whereas the one in the Amazon servers appear as ‘Content-Type: text/html’.
We’re at a total loss. We are trying to conclude whether this is to do with PHP or whether it is the Postfix service causing this. Been at this for days now.
Thanks for looking into this guys.
Any questions you have, ask