I have a company A that took over another company B and now they are deploying new computers in different domain. I have 2 situations and I want to deal with it in a systematic manner based on your recommendations.
1. They are sending me new laptops that will only have base image of windows. I will install all the applications that the user should have like office365, vpn, applications for work. I will need to join it to the new domain first is that correct, after that I will take the user old computer from Company B and I want to do data backup. I would like to know what is the best way to do that backup and transfer it to the new domain.
2. I have users that will keep their existing laptops but I will need to join them to the new domain. What is the best way to do that.
3. As company B will have the same network . Do I need to do anything to the printers? Can the printers operate with 2 print servers one in new domain and one in old domain as we will have both type of users.
4. Also we have scanners in Company B.
5. what else is there that I should take into account in such migration.
I am sorry I put a lot in this question but you can answer just one question only . I am looking for someone who has done similar moves.