troubleshooting Question

Excell 2013 - Vlookup of phones number issue

Avatar of DGWhittaker
DGWhittaker asked on
Microsoft AccessMicrosoft Excel
5 Comments1 Solution58 ViewsLast Modified:
I am trying to perform a v-lookup on a phone number.
The table I am using to define the criteria is formatted as (XXX) XXX-XXXX
The table I am using to pull the data from is formatted as XXXXXXXXXX

I changed the format to a phone number in the same format to no avail.

Any suggestions on how I can normalize this data so the vlookup will perform as needed?

I have attached the file for review

Professor JSpreadsheets Expert

Our community of experts have been thoroughly vetted for their expertise and industry experience.

Top Expert 2014

The Distinguished Expert awards are presented to the top veteran and rookie experts to earn the most points in the top 50 topics.

Log in to continue reading
Become an EE member today7-DAY FREE TRIAL
Members can start a 7-Day Free trial then enjoy unlimited access to the platform for $9.99/mo
View membership options
Unlock 1 Answer and 5 Comments.
Learn why we charge membership fees
We get it - no one likes a content blocker. Take one extra minute and find out why we block content.
See how we're fighting big data
The Value of Experts Exchange in My Daily IT Life

Experts Exchange (EE) has become my company's go-to resource to get answers. I've used EE to make decisions, solve problems and even save customers. OutagesIO has been a challenging project and... Keep reading >>


Owner of Outages.IO
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Member Since 2016
Join a full scale community that combines the best parts of other tools into one platform.
Unlock 1 Answer and 5 Comments.
View membership options
“All of life is about relationships, and EE has made a virtual community a real community. It lifts everyone's boat.”
William Peck

Member since 2004