We have recently purchased a new laptop from dell. About 3 months old.
It is running windows 10. 4gb graphics card. 8gb ram. 17 inc monitor. Inspiron 5000 Series.
We have paid for premium support, but they want us to continually run diagnostic tools which always appear to pass.
So I'm posting the issue here hoping it can be resolved.
When I turn the computer on, it takes 15 minutes to become usable after I login. We cannot open any software or even open the start bar.
The network connection drops in and out, software is very slow (word & excel etc)
Things we've tried so far.
1. We have installed and run https://www.malwarebytes.org/
2. Windows and all software is up to date.
3. We have run all dell diagnostic tools for hard drive, network and memory. All pass.
4. I have removed almost all items from startup.
5. We have run anti virus scans from kaspersky.
I have also noticed when I go to task manager, the hard disk is always at 100% Even after I end task on many applications.
See file attached.
The issue was occurring before we installed kaspersky.