I miss a word. It is somewhere deep in my mind and I cannot take it out.
I need a brainstorming to help me to take it out and remember it.
To increase the confusion, I am not so sure if I will be able to define it properly.
Here it is:
- How do you name/call a person/individual who represents a group, having the same characteristics?
- When you look at that individual, you see trough/in that person all the others. Like a model, a special type. Maybe is a word related with “type”, maybe sounds as genotype, maybe in Latin.
- Stereotype is too banal, ordinary and has not a nice connotation.
- Archetype sounds better, but for me seems that involves something ancient or something initial that was first time.
- I need the word to express a common set of problems and values. I would like to apply this word or expression to describe a family in needs, which in fact is one family out of thousands in the same situations with the same needs and problems and values. The description would be used to designate all the other families using the name of that representative family.
- What is that word or expression?
Any other suggestion is welcome.