[Okta Webinar] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 58
  • Last Modified:

In Chrome, a website's hyperlinks have the url's first "http" removed and then only presents a blank page.

On a webpage "http://portal.viewpoint.com/sso/aha?portal=procontractor" that I access frequently, when I click on any of the hyperlinks the "http://" is removed from the url in the address and then the resulting page is just blank. If I add the "http://" back in, I get the expected page in its entirety. This was working just fine yesterday. Any ideas why this would be happening?
I contacted the website owner and they tell me they are having no problem accessing the pages
0
BobArnett
Asked:
BobArnett
  • 5
2 Solutions
 
Alexandre MichelCommented:
Do you have the same issue from anoyher browser (Firefox vs Chrome)?
Do you have the same issue from another computer using your loggon ID?
Do you have the same problem when using your computer but with a difference loggon ID?
0
 
BobArnettAuthor Commented:
I have the same problem using Windows Edge.
The problem does not surface when using another computer using my credentials.
My computer runs on Windows 10 and the other computer (that has no problem) in running Windows 7.
Unfortunately, I don't have another set of credentials for that site to try.
0
 
BobArnettAuthor Commented:
I also just tried logging on to my computer using the Administrator credentials (although my credentials are also "administrator) and to my surprise I could access the website without a hitch still using Chrome.
0
Independent Software Vendors: We Want Your Opinion

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

 
BobArnettAuthor Commented:
One more clue. By coincidence, I just got an email from the owner of that website which included a link to the page that I needed to access. I clicked on it and it took me right to that page with no issues. I also note that approaching the access in this manner the link's url kept the "http" part.
0
 
BobArnettAuthor Commented:
I found the problem. My anti-virus program, Kaspersky, was causing it. I found out that turning off the "Anti-Banner" setting resolved my problem. Thanks for the input.
0
 
BobArnettAuthor Commented:
I found the problem but Alexandre gave some good hints.
0

Featured Post

Get free NFR key for Veeam Availability Suite 9.5

Veeam is happy to provide a free NFR license (1 year, 2 sockets) to all certified IT Pros. The license allows for the non-production use of Veeam Availability Suite v9.5 in your home lab, without any feature limitations. It works for both VMware and Hyper-V environments

  • 5
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now