Exchange Hybrid environment mail flow issue
Posted on 2016-07-18
So here is the scenario:
- network with the following components: sonicwall NSA firewall, sonicwall email appliance
- on-premise Exchange 2013 server
- Office 365 account
- hybrid configuration wizard run successfully
- azure AD sync installed
We currently have the following mail flow conditions:
- MX records point to on-premise Exchange server
- mail flows to and from external email addresses from on-premise or O365 mailboxes
- mail flows from on-premise Exchange mailboxes to O365 mailboxes
- mail does NOT flow from O365 mailboxes to on-premise mailboxes
I can say that I have not updated the TXT records with the updated federation information (is that supposed to be internal and external DNS records?) but I am not sure if that is related.
Can anyone assist with troubleshooting this issue? I am not sure where to start.