?
Solved

Sharepoint 2013 app information is giving me a "Sorry, something went wrong" unexpected error.

Posted on 2016-07-19
6
Medium Priority
?
444 Views
Last Modified: 2016-07-25
I go to get my app information from:
[site collection URL]/_layouts/15/appregnew.aspx (see ss1.png)

After I fill out the information on the app information page, I hit create and receive this error in ss2.png

Why is this occurring?
ss1.png
ss2.png
0
Comment
Question by:Arikkan
  • 3
  • 3
6 Comments
 
LVL 21

Assisted Solution

by:Walter Curtis
Walter Curtis earned 2000 total points
ID: 41721032
You will need to use the ULS viewer and find the error related to the correlation error message. Then you will know what is causing the error. Once you have the error, if you can't determine what the error is, post the error message and that information made help in troubleshooting.
0
 

Author Comment

by:Arikkan
ID: 41721890
Posted error as ss3.png. Seems I need to change the settings inside the User Profile Application Proxy.

"User Profile Application Proxy failed to retrieve partitions from User Profile Application:"
ss3.PNG
0
 
LVL 21

Assisted Solution

by:Walter Curtis
Walter Curtis earned 2000 total points
ID: 41721913
In SharePoint 2013 the service applications seem to all depend on each over. You may need to make sure User Profile Service is provisioned as well as the Managed Metadata Service. When you provision those service applications (in case they are not yet provisioned), the proxies are also configured correctly.

Good luck...
0
Concerto Cloud for Software Providers & ISVs

Can Concerto Cloud Services help you focus on evolving your application offerings, while delivering the best cloud experience to your customers? From DevOps to revenue models and customer support, the answer is yes!

Learn how Concerto can help you.

 

Accepted Solution

by:
Arikkan earned 0 total points
ID: 41721926
I fixed this by removing the app catalogue site administrator from farm administrators.

Central Administration > Security > Manage the farm administrators group and removed my user.

Then I restarted the server and it worked again.
0
 
LVL 21

Expert Comment

by:Walter Curtis
ID: 41721952
Glad you got it fixed!
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:Arikkan
ID: 41727385
I no longer have that specific error but I need help with a new one that I may make another post for if I cannot solve it.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: Subnet Calculator

The subnet calculator helps you design networks by taking an IP address and network mask and returning information such as network, broadcast address, and host range.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Pimping Sharepoint 2007 without Server-Side Code Part 1 One of my biggest frustrations with Sharepoint 2007 in the corporate world is that while good-intentioned managers lock down the more interesting capabilities of Sharepoint programming in…
When using a search centre, I'm going to show you how to configure Sharepoint's search to only return results from the current site collection. Very useful when using Office 365 with multiple site collections.
Whether it be Exchange Server Crash Issues, Dirty Shutdown Errors or Failed to mount error, Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery has always got your back. With the help of its easy to understand user interface and 3 simple steps recovery proced…
Kernel Data Recovery is a renowned Data Recovery solution provider which offers wide range of softwares for both enterprise and home users with its cost-effective solutions. Let's have a quick overview of the journey and data recovery tools range he…
Suggested Courses

621 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question