I have a bit of a strange quirk here. I have a few different subnets (each a different office) in my network and I am coming across an issue where I cannot browse network shares on a few servers from 3 of my 6 subnets. I can ping, tracert, rdp into the server in question.
Here's a gist of what I've looked into so far with no avail.
- Checked Network Sharing settings and profiles.
- Checked DNS settings (WINS is not configured)
- Checked hosts files
- Checked Advanced Binding settings on the NIC
- Checked OS level Firewall (currently off)
- Checked specific services (such as Computer Browser)
- Re-IP'd the server in question
- Verified that Windows Updates have been applied
- Checked Local Security Policies revolving around File Sharing, Auditing etc.
- Checked the hardware firewall for any port blocks or restrictions.
Im sure I am missing a few other bullets. Also, a little more about the environment. The server in question is on a Windows Server 2012 R2 on a Citrix XenServer 6.1 platform (I know its outdated). But I have another server in the same XenServer Pool with no issues.
I bet it's something so simple that I may have overlooked but I am dropping this post here to see if any of you guys can lend your opinions and help me out or trigger a spark on my end to getting me back on track.
If you feel its networking (Cisco ASA/Router) related, could you provide details as to where to check and configure the setting on the running configuration so that I can relay it to my network engineer? If you feel its Win OS related, please share as well.