We already have LUNs etc. in the existing environment.
1. Could I create VVOLs? How?
2. Is there any way I can convert the existing LUNs to VVOLs
3. Additional space is required for few LUNs/storage
4. What is the best method going forward to create storage in such an environment.
Any step by step guide for 1 - 4 above will be appreciated.
1. If you have current firmware support and configured your hosts - Yes.
some reading for you...
Configuring VMware Virtual Volumes (VVols) on HP 3PAR StoreServ (2110209) (https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2110209&src=vmw_so_vex_ahanc_265)
More than 75% of all records are compromised because of the loss or theft of a privileged credential. Experts have been exploring Active Directory infrastructure to identify key threats and establish best practices for keeping data safe. Attend this month’s webinar to learn more.
When converting a physical machine to a virtual machine using VMware vCenter Converter Standalone or vCenter Converter Enterprise, if an adapter type is not selected during the initial customization the resulting virtual machine may contain an IDE d…
Teach the user how to install and configure the vCenter Orchestrator virtual appliance
Open vSphere Web Client: Deploy vCenter Orchestrator virtual appliance OVA file: Verify vCenter Orchestrator virtual appliance boots successfully: Connect to the …