Hey Guys -
I have what has gotten to be a fairly large library of movies, TV Shows, etc after converting my DVD collection a while back. I'm very detailed for how I organize my media and everything is scraped, renamed, and sorted as it should be. Unfortunately, in many apps such as Plex and VLC, the title used for video files is the title within the file's metadata. I realize that I could easily remove metadata from files in Windows, but doing so would take forever.
What I'm Looking For
What I'm looking for is an application (or script) which would have the following features:
- Replace video's Title in metadata with the actual filename of the video's file
- Be compatible with MKV, MP4, and other current HD containers (Helpful if supported legacy ones such as AVI, too)
- Not require reencoding the video for this change to occur (Instant)
- Be able to target a path (recursively) for it to search for video files (Even though metadata is also present) and process them in batch without having to save to a different location
- Windows compatible (or be able to run against a UNC path if Linux - sure;y there's more out there than a bash script, though)
I've found a few tools, but none have quite been exactly what I need. I'm happy to purchase an app if that's my only option and am comfortable with the command line, PowerShell, etc...