Hi. Recently had a re-ip of a small office. Server A was changed along with all others. Static DNS entries corrected. WINS removed from the environment (all microsoft). Server A is a SQL 2008 R2 server, running a db for an internal app.
We are getting a situation where the internal app launches fine, but at some point, they lose connectivity. If they ping Server A, they get Server B's IP address. an ipconfig /flushdns resolves the issue.
1) shut down WINS/wins services.
2) verified that all DNS servers have the correct static IP
3) verified the client is pointing to the proper dns servers
4) looked in the dns for cname entries
5) used nslookup to show proper resolution when queried.
6) checked local hosts/lmhosts files
7) checked server adapter settings for secondary IP mappings
8) ran arp - a to verify correct macs being returned
Is there any way of finding out, by hostname, what resolution source is responsible? What additional steps can I take to try and narrow this down?
Thanks in advance!