Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 76
  • Last Modified:

2013 Exchange database migration empty

I recently migrated 10 mailboxes from 1 DB to the another and they completed successfully but after the move the migration tab in EAC didn't work. It would generate an error when I clicked on it. I went to view the DBs and found that one had dismounted and wouldn't mount. I ended up repairing the DB and now I'm able to mount it and also able to open the Migration tab again BUT when I attempt a mailbox migration it doesn't queue it. I click on the Migration tab in EAC and it's empty. No errors.
0
jaynes-it
Asked:
jaynes-it
1 Solution
 
Member_2_7970830Commented:
you have to clear all the move requests. See if there are any by using the following.

Get-MoveRequestStatistics -MoveRequestQueue <database>  

Then remove them using:

Remove-MoveRequest
0
 
FOXActive Directory/Exchange EngineerCommented:
run this command in exchange management shell to check if anything is still lingering

Get-MoveRequest | where {$_.status -ne ”Completed”} | Get-MoveRequestStatistics

ref link:  http://jermsmit.com/tag/get-moverequeststatistics/

more useful commands
ref link:  http://www.exchangemaster.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=181&Itemid=1&lang=en
0
 
jaynes-itAuthor Commented:
DisplayName               StatusDetail              TotalMailboxSize          TotalArchiveSize         PercentComplete
-----------               ------------              ----------------          ----------------         ---------------
Ray K****                CompletedWithWarnings     1.11 GB (1,191,619,840...                          100




[PS] C:\Windows\system32>
0
Has Powershell sent you back into the Stone Age?

If managing Active Directory using Windows Powershell® is making you feel like you stepped back in time, you are not alone.  For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why.

 
jaynes-itAuthor Commented:
you have to clear all the move requests. See if there are any by using the following.

Get-MoveRequestStatistics -MoveRequestQueue <database>  

Then remove them using:

Remove-MoveRequest

I tried this but it didn't return anything
0
 
Ajit SinghCommented:
First, you must make sure that the mailbox in DB1, not in DB2.

Second, you can run the following command to check additional information about the mailbox move:

Get-MoveRequestStatistics -Identity UserName -IncludeReport |Export-CSV C:\MRStats.csv

As a workaround, run Get-MigrationBatch -Identity "BatchJobName" | fl command and see if it pointed you directly on the cause.

Also have a look at below earlier threads might helps you to get in more detailed:

Thread1

Thread2

Also check this blog to move an Exchange Server 2013 Database to a New Location: http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-2013-move-database-to-new-folder-path/

Hope this helps!
0
 
jaynes-itAuthor Commented:
what ended up fixing this problem was recreating the migration mailbox.
1
 
jaynes-itAuthor Commented:
i had to contact microsoft support and we spent hours recreating the migration mailbox which resolved the batch migrations.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: IP Lookup

Get more info about an IP address or domain name, such as organization, abuse contacts and geolocation.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now