Monitoring Software: Which is best?
Posted on 2016-08-09
The environment is as follows:
1) Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Edition that hosts 9 Virtual Machines (5 are 2008 R2, 3 are 2012 R2, and one is a linux appliance)
Here's my wishlist:
1) Monitor my servers and let me know if anything is in the red (memory, cpu usage, etc)
2) All me to do some reporting and pull metric information and do forecasting (being able to graph/chart would be a plus)
3) Cost needs to be reasonable (I can make a business justification to management if need be)
4) View the logs data on each server
5) Be lightweight, and not be a complete drag on the host system. I'd prefer the monitoring software be installed on the host machine and monitor the VMs from there
6) Trying to avoid a cloud based solution due to security constraints
Any help or recommendations you can provide would be helpful! Thank you!