Solved

Mobile users get net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET when trying to do a specific action on our in house hosted site - Ubuntu / Apache

Posted on 2016-08-11
2
370 Views
Last Modified: 2016-08-11
Hello all,
    Users (including myself) have been getting the error of :net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET: when trying to select an item that they searched for  (ajax loaded search results), but when they click on the item it takes them to an error screen. It was discovered first on an ipad using Safar on a 3g connection and they were not able to provide much information, so then I tried on my phone and got it as well (Android Marshmellow, using Chrome), so I connected my phone to my PC and enabled remote debugging, but only came across this really.

:Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

GET http://oursite.com/index.php/Site/Detail?wek=MSM501&cmp=%20AND%20IZCMP%20=%201 net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

http://oursite.com/index.php/Site/Detail?wek=MSM501&cmp=%20AND%20IZCMP%20=%201

If I put my phone on wifi, it seems to work just fine, but when I switch over to 4g LTE, it then does it again. My PC works fine, as does everyone elses here, but we have had 4 reports, (2 from sales people, 2 from customers). The rest of the site seems to be working fine, but it is only when actually selecting a product in a search field that uses ajax to create a list of matching items. That works fine, it is only when you actually click on one of the items it then does this.

Could it possibly be a server setting of some sort?

Thanks all
0
Comment
Question by:MostHated
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
2 Comments
 
LVL 1

Accepted Solution

by:
MostHated earned 0 total points
ID: 41752712
Figured it out. Turns out our new Sonicwall NSA2600 has good packet scanning for intrusion detection. It picked up an error in our sites code that was supposed to be an &, but instead was in the URL as AND, which the intrusion prevention detected as a SQL injection.

Thanks
0
 
LVL 1

Author Closing Comment

by:MostHated
ID: 41752713
I was able to figure it out after a few hours of research and testing.
0

Featured Post

Free learning courses: Active Directory Deep Dive

Get a firm grasp on your IT environment when you learn Active Directory best practices with Veeam! Watch all, or choose any amount, of this three-part webinar series to improve your skills. From the basics to virtualization and backup, we got you covered.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Join Greg Farro and Ethan Banks from Packet Pushers (http://packetpushers.net/podcast/podcasts/pq-show-93-smart-network-monitoring-paessler-sponsored/) and Greg Ross from Paessler (https://www.paessler.com/prtg) for a discussion about smart network …
Introduction This article is intended for those who are new to PHP error handling (https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/11769/And-by-the-way-I-am-New-to-PHP.html).  It addresses one of the most common problems that plague beginning PHP develop…
Learn how to get help with Linux/Unix bash shell commands. Use help to read help documents for built in bash shell commands.: Use man to interface with the online reference manuals for shell commands.: Use man to search man pages for unknown command…
Learn how to navigate the file tree with the shell. Use pwd to print the current working directory: Use ls to list a directory's contents: Use cd to change to a new directory: Use wildcards instead of typing out long directory names: Use ../ to move…

749 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question