Windows 2008 Server Standart VM won't shrink D drive as available space
Hi all !!
Here is my problem actually ! Hope I'm clear enought !
-HYPERV : Server 2012 R2
-2 ARRAYS : RAID5 10K 1.6TB & RAID10 15K 800GB
-CONTAINER : Controller IDE VHDX 830GB located in the RAID5 10K
-VM : Windows 2008 Server Standard with a 160GB C: drive and a 830GB D: drive
- Moving a 830GB VHDX into a 800GB container
- In the VM Win2008 the D drive usage is 515GB free out of 830GB
- In HyperV Manager the VHDX file says 770GB used out of 830GB
- In the VM Win2008 the Disk Shrink won't let me shrink more than 990MB ???
ACTIONS TAKEN :
- Removed pagefile for the D drive
- Performed a Defrag
- Set Write Debugging Information to NONE
- Defrag again
- Installed Smart Defrag to see the map and no unmoveable file are at the end of the volume...
In this FREE six-day email course, you'll learn from Janis Griffin, Database Performance Evangelist. She'll teach 12 steps that you can use to optimize your queries as much as possible and see measurable results in your work. Get started today!