Formatting changes in Word 2016 not being saved under specific circumstances
Posted on 2016-08-22
This is an issue that we’ve found within our environment (100+ PCs) with Office 2016 (32 and 64 bit versions) running Windows 10 Pro x64:
1) Create a new Word document
2) Create a table within this document
3) Apply a “Table Style” to the table
4) Add any data to the table
5) Enable “Track Changes” in the document
6) Save the document, close Word, reopen Word and open document
7) Apply formatting change (unbold text, add italics, etc)
8) Save document again, close and reopen
At this point, the formatting changes made previously are not held and the text reverts itself back to the previous formatting. The change tracking still reports that the changes have been made, however.
Is anyone able to tell me why this is happening and is there a way to ensure that this formatting is still applied after the document is reopened? If you need me to provide more information, please let me know.