I am planning on donating my old Pc and Laptop and want to ensure none of my personal data remains on them. After going through several articles, I was able to gather the following points:-
1. Save / backup important files
2. Encrypt the hard disk
3. Format the Pc
4. Make us of specialized Disk erasing/wiping software
1. How does turning on the Disk encryption help me if I am donating my Pc
2. Are there any different steps for Mac Laptops
3. Would the above mentioned steps suffice to ensure my data would not be recovered .
Thanks in advance.