Link to home
Get AccessLog in
Avatar of bowsere
bowsereFlag for United States of America

asked on

Outlook address auto complete going to wrong email address

We moved our student email accounts to a new domain hosted by Google (students.uppervalleycc.org)  Last year's students had an account on our local Exchange server (uppervalleycc.org).  This year when a teacher tries to email a student who was here last year even if they key in their students.uppervalleycc.org email address it auto completes to their old uppervalleycc.org email account.  We did not delete the old Exchange accounts in case a student needed to get access to an old email.  We did update their AD accounts to reflect their new email address.
SOLUTION
Avatar of Alexei Kuznetsov
Alexei Kuznetsov
Flag of United States of America image

Link to home
membership
This content is only available to members.
To access this content, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Get Access
You want to delete the old .n2k file or rename it to .old on the workstation.
Control Panel>Folder Options> enable hidden files and folders then navigate to

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook  rename the .n2k file

The teacher should now start finding the students with the To:  
Once she starts populating her emails with the correct email addresses, these will be saved in the new autocomplete.
Or if you have an NK2 file you can use NK2Edit from nirsoft to edit.  Otherwise the first two suggestions are solid.  I would just X and enter new address from global address book.
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Link to home
membership
This content is only available to members.
To access this content, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Get Access
Avatar of bowsere

ASKER

Thanks all, we ended up having our end users clear the Auto Complete through their Outlook 2013 client.  We also ran a powershell script in Exchange to force an update to the global address list and offline address book.  These steps appeared to have resolved the issue.
Seems like emptying auto-complete fixed the issue.