Iphones not able to connect to additional exchange accounts on same server

Tingathewinga
Tingathewinga used Ask the Experts™
on
Recently added two new domains into an Exchange 2010 SP3 server for a total of 3.
Each user has 3 different usernames and mailboxes.
15 Users, 12 Androids, 3 iPhones.
All androids connect to all 3 exchange accounts without issue and send/receive just fine.
The 3 iPhones ALL suffer from the same issue which is.

When adding ANY 1 of the 3 accounts, no problem.
When adding the 2nd account, they cannot and get the error that an identical exchange account already exists.
Found lots of post online talking about this issue being caused by 3 mailboxes with same user and pass, but this site has different usernames, and mailboxes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Craig
Comment
Watch Question

Do more with

Expert Office
EXPERT OFFICE® is a registered trademark of EXPERTS EXCHANGE®
Darrell PorterEnterprise Business Process Architect

Commented:
So the first account works without issue.
Are you adding the subsequent Exchange accounts from within the existing Exchange account configuration or trying to start from scratch at the top-level Add Account item?

Author

Commented:
Hi there, top level --> add account --> Exchange --> new email address, password, go. --> error.
Kyle SantosQuality Assurance Engineer at Dassault Systemes

Commented:
Hi Tingathewinga,

You might want to check this:
Some MS Exchange servers are set up where the provider has policies to limit the number of devices, and require those with new phones to remove old ones (form in settings via OWA webmail) to be under that limit before adding a new device.
Or see if any solutions from an article I wrote about iPhone and Exchange connection issues helps resolve your problem.
https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/19119/iPhone-Samsung-Will-Not-Connect-or-Sync-To-Microsoft-Exchange-Server.html

Let me know if you have any questions.
Darrell PorterEnterprise Business Process Architect

Commented:
Try adding the new exchange server account from within the existing Exchange configuration with the Add account option.

Author

Commented:
What we have found, is that the username sent back for domain2 and domain3, is in fact domain1 (original domain).
So looks like exchange is sending back the wrong autodiscover XML or similar.
At the moment I am using Public SRV records so autodiscover.domain2 and 3, resolve to autodiscover.domain1.
Phones are getting right server details, but wrong usernames.
The plot thickens....
Commented:
This might be an annoying solution, ditch the mail app in favour of the outlook app
Microsoft Outlook - email and calendar by Microsoft Corporation
https://appsto.re/au/8OwV4.i

Commented:
Also test your auto discover config and connectivity with
https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com

That is if you haven't already

Do more with

Expert Office
Submit tech questions to Ask the Experts™ at any time to receive solutions, advice, and new ideas from leading industry professionals.

Start 7-Day Free Trial