Laptop computer running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Suddenly, beginning this morning, IE 11 will not open. I have clicked on the taskbar icon, the desktop icon, the start menu icon and the .exe file in the program folder with the same result - absolutely nothing. The icon changes as though the program will open but it doesn't. I have gone into the list of updates from Control Panel and when I try to uninstall it I get the message that is in the attached image. Here is what I have tried -
1) "netsh winsock reset"
2) I ran the SystemUpdateReadiness (Windows6.1-KB947821-v34-x
3) Tried running it from safe mode
4) ran FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Package
s /M Microsoft-Windows-Internet
11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart" -- from a command prompt. If ran and said it was successful but nothing changed.
5) I have run virus and malware scans with no luck.
6) Tried running IE as administrator
None of this worked.