I cannot access www.nfl.com
from with in my firewall. Here is what I have done to resolve the problem (please not all other sites are working):
1. I setup a laptop with an external IP address and DNS Server and connected directly to my router and I am able to go to NFL.com
2. If I give myself a public DNS setting the firewall, I cannot connect or ping nfl.com.
3. If I configure the same laptop with public DNS and go out the DMZ port of the firewall, I cannot get to NFL.com or ping the site.
4. I added nfl.com to our allowed domains in the firewall, cannot ping cannot get to site.
5. I tried getting to NFL.com by IP address, that did not work.
Heres where it get interesting......
6. I rebooted the router and the firewall, for about 30 seconds I was able to ping and get to NFL.com, then it went away again.
7. I rebooted the firewall again, to test my theory, as soon as I had an internet connection I was able to ping and get to NFL.com for about 30 seconds and then it went away again.
8. I opened a ticket with Sonicwall, they said it was my DNS server.
9. I got an outside consultant to take a look, they said it was my DNS server, but couldn't find any problems with it!
OH and I did all the stupid stuff, cleared DNS Cache, refreshed page, cleared ARP Cache and check the Malware and Viruses on the network.
I don't believe this is a DNS issue directly, there is something in the firewall stopping nfl.com from resolving and allowing us to the site. It has to be in the firewall.
We have a Sonicwall NSA3500 with SonicOS Enhanced 18.104.22.168-71o firmware.
Application Control Enabled
Content Filtering Enabled
This is maddening, can anyone help?