We started getting "Page not found" when trying to connect to BusinessObjects XI 3.1 SP6 via https, only for Internet Explorer. We could make the connection via Chrome (but Chrome doesn't fully work with BO for editing reports).
I've narrowed it down to Windows KB3172605 - when this installed, we started getting "Page Not Found". I removed it and we connected. The same scenario is reported in my third link below. This was part of this set of updates:
The page not found error occurred on our development box (with a DOD cert, Sha-1) and on Prod (self-signed cert). So since it fails on both, my conclusion is that it's not the cert.
Here are a couple of links on KB3172605
- Microsoft yanks buggy speed-up patch KB 3161608
, replaces it with KB 3172605 and 3172614 (it doesn't say all that much about KB3172605)
- Microsoft rollup announcement
, July 2016 (it says it works with Sha-1)
- German blog with discussion on KB3172605
, which basically says "don't install it"
- Also, the third comment is our exact issue
So my questions are
- These KB things, they (often) only affect IE, not Chrome, is that right ?
- BusinessObjects XI 3.1 SP7 officially works with IE-11, but SP6 (which we have) does not support IE-11, but it worked fine until KB3172605. So my gut reaction is that upgrading to SP7 wouldn't solve the issue, it seems to me that KB3172605 is the issue. What do you think ?